Sunday, February 15, 2009
Happy Valentine's Day
I made this skirt for Henni--finished it just in time for Valentine's Day. She really liked it (although this picture was taken right after her nap, and in her dazed state, she doesn't really seem like she does). I didn't do anything for Scott or Junjun. I think boys don't really need anything special on Valentine's Day (or do they??). I am sure I will do something for Junjun from next year. (I actually did buy them cards about 10 days ago, but I can't find where I have placed them. Running around madly with two kids all day long, while still breastfeeding a child that would not take a bottle, I can barely remember where things are in this house.) Scott got me 15 roses, and he also got Henni two roses, because Henni is 2 (I am certainly not 15--I think he just didn't want to pay for 20 more roses). Scott says he will continue to get roses for Henni until she turns 18, "so she doesn't fall for the first boy who gives her flowers!" What a cute daddy. We put the two roses in a vase for her room, and whenever she sees them, she says "I got two roses from daddy because I am two!" It was kind of amazing how much she enjoyed receiving these flowers. She is such a girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love the skirt! You are so martha-like! I don't know how I missed this entry. Scott is such a cutie. I love the idea of daddy getting roses for their daughters! We didn't do anything for Valentine's Day either. It's such an overrated holiday!
Post a Comment