Sunday, February 01, 2009
Henni-isms
Henni is verbally advanced. She speaks quite well for her age. I think it’s because I stay home and read and talk to her a lot throughout the day. Recently she has said many things that just made us laugh and laugh. Sometimes, what she says are quite shocking because they are long and perceptive. Sometimes the tone in which she speaks surprises me because it seems so grown-up. Sometimes it is disturbing, because it sounds just like what I’d say to her, and I realize she is listening and absorbing EVERYTHING I say (scary!!). Here are some recent Henni-isms.
Me: Hey, Henni, look at the airplane in the sky!
Henni: (nonchalantly) Mom, when you go to the airport, you can see many airplanes.
Henni: (giving her toy thermometer to her babysitter) Why don’t you use this and see if I am hot?
Babysitter: Oh, you have a high fever. I think you might have to go to the hospital.
Henni: (quickly snatching away the thermometer) Gimme that. You are NOT a doctor!
Junjun: (pulling on the DVD player) bah bah bah bah.
Me: Hey, baby, get away from there. Come back here.
Henni: (rolling her eyes) Mom, Junjun is not listening.
Me: I know. Hey, Junjun, come back here to Mommy.
Henni: (feigning mom’s voice) You get back here, or else you will make me very sad!
Junjun’s Babysitter: (calling out to Henni who is just going out the door to go to her ballet class with mommy) Henni, have fun!
Henni: Oh, Helen, when the baby wakes up, give him two pears and a carrot, okay?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
She is so funny!
Post a Comment