Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Henni-isms2

 
Posted by Picasa


In this picture, Henni is sitting around with girls that are either 3 or 4. Doesn't she look like she is one of them? Yet she is only 28 months old! This was at a mother-and-daughter tea party. All the girls were asked to bring their favorite doll along. On the way to the birthday party, I asked Henni what her doll's name was, and she said "I don't know." (It is her favorite phrase to utter these days.) I suggested, "How about Sophie?" "Okay." After the party was over we were packing up to come home, when Henni remembered her doll. "Where is Sofa?" It took me a long time to figure out that she was looking for her doll. I laughed and laughed, and said to her, "Ha ha, Henni, her name is Sophie, not sofa!" She thought about this for a minute, and realized the mistake she made. She sheepishly said, "I like couch! hehehe.." I couldn't believe this! She was making a clever (for a 2 year old) joke out of her error using a word play! I just had to give her a big squeeze.

No comments: