Monday, November 10, 2008

The two of them

They will fight, they will compete, they will sometimes not like each other all that much, but they will have each other no matter what. These days, it warms my heart so much to see them together. Henni really enjoys her little brother. Sometimes she is the first one to notice that he is awake and babbling in his room before I or Scott hears him. The first thing she wants to do in the morning is go to her brother's room to see if he is awake so she can say "good morning." She wants to hold him, kiss him, and offer him "chi-chi." If he gets a bit cranky, she says, "mommy, he is very tired" with a concerned look on her face. She doesn't even mind it all that much if Junjun accidentally pulls her hair (so long as I tell her he didn't do it on purpose, and he doesn't know any better yet)--if anyone else did that do her, she would be very upset. Junjun, too, can't get enough of her. I can't nurse him when she is around, because all he wants to do is turn his little head to see where his sister's voice is coming from and check out what she is up to. If Henni starts laughing, Junjun also starts cracking up. If Henni starts screaming about something, Junjun often follows suit. He loves being held by her, even though her little 2-yr old body is not the best support for his.

I have a great relationship with my one and only sibling, my older sister. I don't know if they will have the kind of relationship that I have with my sister, but at least they will have each other. The older I get, the more I tend to think that even a bad sibling is better than no sibling. Things between Henni and Junjun will change as he starts asserting himself more, demanding her toys and books, I am sure. But I hope they will grow to love and cherish each other as they get older.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: